Followers

Sunday 17 February 2013

CD Sunday - Spring is in the Air

Well it certainly feels more spring like this morning. We have some lovely sunshine here and as soon as I have finished this post we are going to have a walk along the seafront to blow the cobwebs away. I love that it doesn't get dark so early in the evenings now. 

Here is my card for CD Sunday this week.

I used a backing paper from Toreads cd from Crafters Companion for one of the layers and the punched out flowers that I made using Petal Pairs punches. The harlequin background is stamped using a set of stamps by Inky Doodles using Distress Inks. This was my first go at doing this so I was pleased with the result. I then just used Scattered Straw Distress Ink to soften the edges. 


The cute Toread image was stamped onto white card and mounted onto card cut using a Spellbinder die. For a change I decided to use my long neglected Prisma Pencils. I didn't get on with them very well when I first bought them. It was using gamsol to blend the colour that I felt I couldn't get enough control over and then I saw a great tutorial on the web just using the pencils without gamsol and I feel really happy with the result. In fact I like the effect on the hair better than using alcohol pens. I might experiment and use the pencils for hair and do the skin tones with alcohol pens next and see how that works out.

Anyway that's my card for this week. Please do visit my fellow teamies as they all have some very different inspiration for you. 

Thank you for looking.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jocelyn, you have every reason to feel pleased with the results, it's a beauty, the hair looks brilliant and the harlequin background is so nice, i think i will have to look up this way of colouring too.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jocelyn. The colouring of the image is terrific - I thought it was a printed one to start with. Love the diamond background stamp too - and the pretty papers.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image and colouring Jocelyn.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete