Followers

Sunday 29 September 2013

1950s - CD Sunday


I love the theme this week for our CD Sunday Challenge that has been chosen by Carol. I knew straightaway that I just had to use this image from Joanna Sheen's Hollywood Vintage CD using what is probably the most iconic photo of the time of Marilyn Monroe.

I used a very early sizzix die to make the film strip. I used dies and punches for the flowers and swirls and couldn't resist adding some feathers. 

I was having so much fun I then went on to decorate a gift bag to go with it. 


Don't forget to visit the CD Sunday Challenge Blog and check out what our GDT and my fellow teamies have to show you. 

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Jocelyn and such an iconic image, love the film strip and the matching bag.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Jocelyn and such an iconic image, love the film strip and the matching bag.
    sue-b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jocelyn. I know several people who love Marilyn and this would make an ideal card to give to them. I think I need that film strip die.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, love the filmstrip and the bag is beautiful. Marina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I've just seen Christine's card and said it was an iconic image and see now that's how you've described it too - so we can't both be wrong.lol
    It's a gorgeous card and the matching gift bag is beautiful.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both Marilyn cards are great, love the gift bag you made too. Thanks for having me along at CD Sunday for September
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete