Followers

Sunday 22 March 2015

Sentiment


Time for a new CD Sunday Challenge and it's Carol's choice this time. Carol has gone for "Sentiment". Now you can interpret this in any way you want as long as you use something from a CD and let us know which CD you used (it may be one I haven't already got in my collection and therefore find its way onto my next shopping list lol!).

I decided to make this card for my elderly MIL. She is very nearly blind and so I always try to make something that is tactile as well as pretty for her.

I used The Cardmaker's Year by Joanna Sheen. I printed two coordinating sheets of daffodil backing paper and used one for the background. I layered this with a piece of white card. I then stamped out the letters onto the other backing paper and cut them out. I used Anitas Clear Gloss on the letters and when they were dry I stuck them on using foam squares to raise them up a bit.

I love to see the daffodils this time of year as it means spring is on its way. Our garden has taken on a golden glow as they all lift their heads up towards the sun. :-)

10 comments:

  1. A lovely Easter card for your MIL Jocelyn. I like how you have made it tactile for her. Another CD I have forgotten I have.
    Hope the daffodils are out in our garden when we get home in 2 weeks
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely Easter card for your MIL Jocelyn. I like how you have made it tactile for her. Another CD I have forgotten I have.
    Hope the daffodils are out in our garden when we get home in 2 weeks
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card for MIL Jocelyn, my FIL is almost blind too so I know how difficult it is to make cards for someone who can barely see.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect card for someone with limited vision, I also know how difficult it is to make something with this in mind.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for someone with limited vision, I also know how difficult it is to make something with this in mind.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely though Jocelyn. I am sure your MIL will appreciate it. No daffy here I'm afraid but it still feels Spring like with all almond blossom. W x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have certainly achieved your aim Jocelyn, perfect and yes i too know how difficult it is for anyone with impaired vision , Mum is now registered blind , she only has limited vision now . xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tactile card I bt your MIL will love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic, so clever! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete