Followers

Sunday 24 September 2017

Mellow Yellow




It's Wynn's turn to choose our theme and we've gone all Mellow for the new challenge at CD Sunday - Mellow Yellow in fact. The team have some great inspiration to show you so don't forget to go over to CD Sunday Challenge Blog and find out what you need to do to join in. The rules are quite simple - we just need you to use a CD somewhere in your design and credit it so that we know which one you used.

My image and backing papers are from Flower Fairies Friends - Fairies of the Garden Disc 7 - Marigold from Crafter's Companion. I built up a few mats and layers using dies that give a stitched effect around the edge. There are quite a few makes of dies with stitching effects and I really like these for a bit of extra detail. I used the backing paper for die cutting the matching flowers too and buried in my stash were some skeleton leaves that have not seen the light of day for a very long time but I think they look pretty with this design. The centre of the flowers are made up using little gems and I then just added a bow. 

I hope you have fun playing with Mellow Yellow and we would love to see you joining in with our challenge.



6 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card Jocelyn and you're right the stitched effect really adds something to the design. I love your flowers made from a BP and the gems finish them off well.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background layering and wonderful decoupage, love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card Jocelyn with a lot of detail. I think I got rid of my skeleton leaves as the colours were too gaudy. I don't know why I bought them in the first place.
    Hugs
    Carol
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, flower Faries are gorgeous images and this one is perfect for the challenge,
    Beautiful card, love your leaves and flowers to encircle the image,

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Jocelyn, such a pretty image and great dimension - a fabulous design.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design Jocelyn and pretty image. I love the die cut flowers and the skeleton leaves are a perfect finishing touch W x

    ReplyDelete