Followers

Sunday 22 October 2017

When Autumn Leaves Start to Fall

Okay so who remembers the song by the wonderful Nat King Cole?

Here's a reminder:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEMCeymW1Ow

I also found a version by Eva Cassidy but Nat is still the best for me.

Anyway based on that song I chose my theme for this fortnight at CD Sunday Challenge Blog and came up with this card.


I used Joanna Sheen's House Mouse Triple CD Collection Disc 3 for the images and backing paper.

This was a new shape card for me and I googled to find a tutorial to make it It is made of two pieces of card. I think this photo shows it better.



I used green card for my base and covered it with the backing paper and used lilac card for the smaller piece and again covered it with the backing paper. The main image is mounted onto both colours of card for the front with a sentiment and smaller image inside. I then die cut a few extra leaves out of left over backing paper and decoupaged these onto the card.

As I type I'm trying to remember the measurements for the card - just need to go and look at something so I'll be back in a minute.

Sometimes I even amaze myself! I actually found the piece of paper I had written the measurements on. So what you need is two pieces of card measuring 11 x 4 inches and 11 x 2 inches. These need to be scored at 2 3/4 inches and 5 1/2 inches. Hopefully you can see from the photo above how these join together with the smaller card turned the opposite way to the larger one.

With all the wind we have had here in Bexhill there are lots of autumn leaves starting to fall so a great time for crafting.

4 comments:

  1. Great card shape Jocelyn - I think it's called a Z fold?
    I like Nat King Cole too and just had to pop over to YouTube to hear the song LOL! I like the coordinating colours you've used for your mats. A really lovely card and the added leaf die cuts just finish it off.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, I also love house mouse and this is one great house mouse image. I love the shape of your card, I like shaped cards and I really must try the shape

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Jocelyn, I love your Z-fold design and super image.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shape Jocelyn!! The poor mouse looks like he's been blown away with the leaves!! Adding the extra leaves is a great addition too. Hugs Wynn

    ReplyDelete